Healthy Salad Ingredients for Those with AFib
You won’t find a specific diet for AFib, but you will find specific foods that could generally harm your health and others that will help you improve your health.
Healthy salad ingredients for those who have AFib are the foods that have the highest nutrient density. Nutrient density means the concentration of nutrients. Foods such as processed boxed cereals, cookies, cakes and candies have a low concentration of nutrients and are not nutrient dense. Foods such as vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, lentils, pulses, and protein foods are nutrient dense.
When you shift the balance of foods in your diet to nutrient dense foods, you end up flooding your body with nutrients. Parts of your body in need of healing receive the nutrients and they begin to recover.
When you have AFib, the nutrients that are most helpful are vitamin C, silica, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. Thus, you will need a list of the foods that have an appreciable amount of these nutrients in them. Here’s a list of them:
These are all good foods and ones that are loved by many people. What about you?
Do you think you could possibly eat some of these foods every day? If so, your health could take a huge jump in very little time.
Heart Nutrient Salad
Here’s a salad recipe for you to get started.
Yield: 3 servings
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, sliced into bite-sized amounts
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 ounces shredded cheese
- 3 leaves kale, chopped
- 3 ounces almonds, chopped
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- Your favorite salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, begin layering the ingredients, starting with the lettuce, spinach, kale and arugula. Toss.
- Next add carrots, red pepper, mushrooms, and celery. Toss again.
- Next add the blueberries and strawberries and top with the cheese.
- Optional: add 2 cups steak, lamb, chicken, turkey, or fish.
- Then add your favorite salad dressing to the salad.